It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Your browser is unsupported
We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
This guide is the main library guide for nursing. This guide has links to resources such as databases, evidence-based practice resources, patient education, and more. Please contact your Nursing Library Liaison from your campus if you need help along the way. We can meet with you online.
The Cochrane Library is a collection of databases that contain independent evidence on which to base clinical treatment decisions.
* Cochrane Reviews, aka Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR)
* Other Reviews, aka Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE)
* Clinical Trials; aka Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL)
* Methods Studies, aka Cochrane Methodology Register (CMR)
* Technology Assessments, aka Health Technology Assessment Database (HTA)
* Economic Evaluations, aka National Health Service (NHS) Economic Evaluation Database (NHSEED)
* Cochrane Groups, aka About the Cochrane Collaboration
MEDLINE is the National Library of Medicine's premier bibliographic database covering the fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, and the preclinical sciences. MEDLINE contains bibliographic citations and author abstracts from more than 4,600 biomedical journals published in the United States and 70 other countries. The database contains over 12 million citations dating back to the mid-1960's. Coverage is worldwide, but most records are from English-language sources or have English abstracts.
PsycINFO contains bibliographic citations and abstracts from materials in the field of psychology and the psychological aspects of related disciplines, such as medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, physiology, linguistics, anthropology, business, and law. Updated weekly.