Welcome to the Nursing Guide. We hope you will find this guide useful in conducting database searches, finding evidence-based information, or keeping up with CE. Please contact the Nursing Liaison from your campus if you need help along the way.
Nursing Tips and Tricks Blog
This blog is for the UIC Nursing community. It gives tips on using databases and RefWorks and shares useful websites and other resources.
Tell Us What You Think
Fall 2014 Online Workshops
Health Sciences Librarians are teaching online workshops on the following topics:
- Evidence Based Medicine Databases
- Finding Online Health Statistics
- How do you rate? Assessing your impact using the h-index and beyond
- How to Find Full Text: a 30 minute workshop
- How to Find Tests and Measurements
- NIH Public Access Policy: Meeting Granting Agency Requirements
- Ovid Workshop
- Point–of–Care Tools on the Go: a 30 minute workshop
- PubMed in 30 Minutes
- RefWorks and Health Sciences Databases
- RefWorks Basics
- Scholarly Publishing: What you need to know & Using Copyrighted material responsibly.
- Start an Open Access Journal using Journals@UIC
- Streamlining Group Work Using RefWorks and GoogleDocs
- Understanding Open Access
- Web of Science/Scopus
- What is Summon?
Workshop Series for Nursing
You will need to register for these classes through the Online Workshops website. Classes will be held in Blackboard Collaborate.
Other Nursing Research & Subject Guides
- APN Library Guide
- DNP Project Resource Guide
- Nursing 101
- Nursing 322 - Introduction to Nursing Research and Statistics for Evidence-Based Practice
- Nursing 515 EBP 1: Theoretical Foundations for Evidence-Based Practice
- Nursing 518-Population-Focused Interventions in Primary Care
- Nursing 526 Nursing Inquiry One
- Nursing 528-Health, Environment and Systems
- Nursing Epidemiology & Public Health
- Nursing Theory
- SALUD UIC
- Transcultural Nursing