We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
UIC INDIGO Non-Exclusive Distribution License
When submitting content to INDIGO, you are agreeing to the following:
By clicking to Publish in INDIGO, you (the author(s) or copyright owner) grants to University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) the non-exclusive right to reproduce, translate (as defined below), and/or distribute your submission (including the abstract) worldwide in print and electronic format and in any medium, including but not limited to audio or video.
You agree that UIC may, without changing the content, translate the submission to any medium or format for the purpose of preservation.
You also agree that UIC may keep more than one copy of this submission for purposes of security, back-up and preservation.
You represent that the submission is your original work, and that you have the right to grant the rights contained in this license. You also represent that your submission does not, to the best of your knowledge, infringe upon anyone's copyright.
If the submission contains material for which you do not hold copyright, you represent that you have obtained the unrestricted permission of the copyright owner to grant UIC the rights required by this license, and that such third-party owned material is clearly identified and acknowledged within the text or content of the submission.
if the submission is based upon work that has been sponsored or supported by an agency or organization other than UIC, you represent that you have fulfilled any right of review or other obligations required by such contract or agreement.
UIC will clearly identify your name(s) as the author(s) or owner(s) of the submission, and will not make any alteration, other than as allowed by this license, to your submission.
3. Use of Third Party Providers and Services. UIC may use certain third party service providers (collectively “Third Party Providers”) to support portions of the Services. Such Third Party Providers include, but are not necessarily limited to, the provider of the platform service for INDIGO (the “Platform Provider”). You acknowledge and agree that UIC’s ability to provide and make available the Services is subject to and contingent upon UIC receiving the relevant services from the Third Party Providers.
4. Operation Rules. You may not: (i) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper operation of INDIGO or the data management platform service; (ii) attempt to gain or encourage others to gain unauthorized access to INDIGO or the data management platform service; (iii) sell, lease, license, assign, transfer, distribute or otherwise charge or encumber or commercially exploit INDIGO, the data management platform service, or any part thereof except as expressly permitted; (iv) misuse INDIGO (including by hacking or by knowingly or negligently introducing viruses); or use INDIGO in breach of applicable law.
5. Non-Endorsement. INDIGO hosts content from a number of authors. You acknowledge that the statements and views of these authors are theirs alone, and do not reflect the stances or policies of the University of Illinois or their sponsors, nor does their posting imply the endorsement of University of Illinois or their sponsors.
6. No Warranties; Release and Indemnification. NEITHER UIC NOR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER MAKES ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPREHENSIVENESS, ERROR-FREE AND/OR VIRUS-FREE OPERATION, OR CONTINUED AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, UIC AND ITS THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO THE SERVICES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER UIC NOR ITS THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS GUARANTEE UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO THE SERVICES, AND SERVICES MAY BE UNAVAILABLE FOR VARIOUS REASONS (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO AS A RESULT OF MAINTENANCE SERVICES BY UIC AND/OR ITS THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS). YOU HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS UIC AND ITS THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, EXPENSES OR DAMAGES RELATING TO ANY DISCLAIMED WARRANTY DESCRIBED IN THIS PARAGRAPH TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL UIC BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FOR LOSS USE, DATA, EQUIPMENT OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES THAT RESULT FROM (1) THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES; (2) THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION OR NON-ACTION TAKEN BY YOU OR BY ANYONE TO WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE MATERIALS, OR (4) FOR ANY ERRORS BY YOU IN COMMUNICATING SUCH MATERIALS.
8. Removal of Materials. If UIC determines that the terms of service have been violated, it may limit or remove access to the deposited Material in question, leaving descriptive metadata and a notice to explain the reason for the removal.
9. Trademarks, Copyright & Proprietary Information. The Services contain trademarks and copyrighted material owned by UIC, its Platform Provider and/or the any provider of Materials; you may not copy, reproduce, publish, post, transmit, display, store, sublicense, transfer or distribute such materials without written permission from the applicable owner. For purposes of clarification, this prohibition does not prohibit use of any publicly-available Materials under the terms of the specific license under which such Material were deposited.
10. Confidentiality and Protection of Access Credentials. You may be given (or required to create) certain user names and/or passwords in order to access some or all of the Services, which could include but is not limited to accounts created under a Deposit Agreement (the “Access Details”). You agree to keep Access Details secret and take all reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorized or fraudulent use of them and not disclose to or share your Access Details with any third party without the prior written consent of UIC (and the consent of UIC’s Platform Provider, to the extent your Access Details enable access to the data management platform service). You agree to notify UIC immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use or disclosure of your Access Details.
11. Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) UIC intends to respond to notices of alleged infringed filed in compliance with the DMCA.