Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Your browser is unsupported
We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or
MyActivities is a faculty activity reporting system being used by all colleges at UIC. It can be used to collect and analyze research output, and can serve as the single ‘research profile’ that you need to keep track of professional activities and publications. My Activities is powered by a system called Symplectic Elements. To update and develop your profile, visit MyActivities.uic.edu and log in with your UIC NetID and password. MyActivities allows you to enter your data once so it can be repurposed.
Use MyActivities to:
- Update your public profile. You public profile is found at UICollaboratory.uic.edu
- Generate full CVs and NIH BioSketches
- Access and complete your annual review (participating colleges only)
- Assess research impact using citation metrics and Altmetric tools
For help with using MyActivites, contact MyActivities@uic.edu.
My Activities has five sections to enter information for your profile:
- Scholarly & creative works: publications (books, book chapters, journal articles, conference proceedings, abstracts) and other other scholarly activities (exhibits, productions, conference presentations, keynotes, invited lectures) are entered here. Some publications will automatically appear in your profile. Other scholarly activity will need to be manually entered.
- Awarded grants: this will include research grants, sponsored instruction, other sponsored activities, clinical trials, internally funded, and fellowships. Some grants will automatically appear from the UIC grant system (updated once a week) and a database called Dimensions. Others will need to be manually entered.
- Professional activities: administrative appointments, review activities (grants, conference abstracts, manuscripts, institutions, P&T), community service, continuing education, editorial board membership, mentoring, professional membership, consulting, honors & awards, and service (college, university, profession) are manually entered here.
- Teaching & supervision: Courses taught, academic advising, student advising and supervision (theses and dissertations), non-credit instruction, guest lecturing, precepting, and curriculum revision and development are reported here. Courses taught are automatically entered once a semester from banner. The rest need to be manually entered.
- Your Profile: Your photo, bio, research interest, teaching summary, subject terms, academic appointments, employment history, education, and virtual presence (web address, social media) are added here.