Digital UIC is a service of the University of Illinois at Chicago Library. Digital UIC exists to support research, teaching, and learning at UIC by providing users with access to flexible web space and customizable platforms. It allows users to easily install several popular open sources applications such as WordPress, Scalar, Omeka, Grav, and more.
Digital UIC supports the following sites:
- Digital scholarship and digital humanities projects
- Digital exhibits
- Course-related projects
- Group and individual student projects
- Student sites (e.g. creative portfolio websites, blogs, etc.)
The follow restrictions apply:
- No official UIC unit websites, informational/marketing content, official courses sites for public viewing, faculty research/lab/institute sites, or UIC branded conferences and events. These types of sites are official UIC communications and should be hosted in RED. Visit https://red.uic.edu/ for more information.
- No e-commerce
- No publishing of student or sensitive data (i.e. grades, IRB research, etc.)
Please note that all publicly-facing websites that are used for teaching must adhere to UIC’s Accessibility Guidelines.