With the start of the Rural Student Physician Program and your placement at a rural site, you will want to maintain access to important resources to support your learning in the clinical setting. During the past 6 years, the RSPP student have had access to a loaned iPad Mini from the Library of the Health Sciences with several UIC Library apps pre-loaded on the device to support the student's education experience. Even though the loan distribution has been delayed until after July 7th, this guide will help you have access to some of the key resources that will be available on the iPad Mini. Here are some of the recommend apps and how they can support you in the RSPP Clinical setting:
UpToDate Anywhere provides information on more than 10,000 clinical topics in over 20 specialties. UIC faculty, staff, and students can create a personal account to download the mobile app for Android and iOS devices.
To learn more about creating an account, check out the following presentation. If you have any issues with accessing UpToDate, please contact Ask-a-Librarian.
1. In an internet browser, access DynaMed via the link provided below:
2. On the DynaMed Plus homepage, click on the “Sign In” link available in the top right corner.
3. From the Sign In page, click on “Register now” to create a personal account.
4. Fill out the form using your UIC Email address and click “Register” to create your account.
5. Sign in to DynaMedPlus to verify your account was created.
1. Download the DynaMed app from the iTunes app store or Google Play store.
2. Launch the app and select the “Sign In” option.
3. Enter your personal DynaMed account information and click “Sign In.”
4. Select the download size of Online Only, Partial Install for text and thumbnail images, or Full Install of all content for your device.
5. When download is complete, click "Next" to access DynaMed content.
- It is recommended that you connect to WiFi for the initial download of DynaMed and when downloading updates.
- Select the download size based on the space available on the mobile device and your internet connectivity. If you have the available storage capacity and inconsistent WiFi access, it is recommend to download the Partial Install or Full Install to view full topics and images without internet connectivity.
1. Download Elsevier Clinical Pharmacology from the following:
2. Use the link below to access Clinical Pharmacology on a laptop or computer.
3. On the top left of the screen in Clinical Pharmacology, click "Register"*
4. Access your UIC Email to locate the email from Elsevier Clinical Key to activate your remote access account.*
5. Access the Clinical Pharmacology App on your mobile device and log in with your Clinical Pharmacology (or Clinical Key) username and password.
*If you already have a Clinical Key account, you do not need to register for a new account. You will be able to log in with your Clinical Key account to Clinical Pharmacology.
- With your remote log in to Clinical Pharmacology, you will be able to access content for 180 days. To reactivate your access, you will need to log into Clinical Pharmacology using the Library links provided above and logging in with your personal remote access account.
- You may need to active "Remote Access" using your UIC Email address to access content in Clinical Key. Please review Remote Access Instructions here and select "University of Illinois at Chicago - Remote Access" under the "Choose Organization" option.
The USPSTF created an app to help support primary care clinical to identify the screening, counseling, and preventive services that are appropriate for their patients. The app provided access to the current recommendations and can be searched by specific patient characteristics.
MedlinePlus is an online health information resource for patients. It is provided from the National Library of Medicine and its mission is to present high-quality, relevant health and wellness information that is trusted, easy to understand, and free of advertising, in both English and Spanish. It is available anywhere, anytime and on any device.
For quick access on your Mobile Device, you can save a website quick link to your home-screen. Below are directions for Android and iOS.