Use the Chat with a Librarian widget on any library home page. Librarians are available Monday-Thursday: 9am-7pm and Friday: 9am-5pm.
At night until 1:30 am and over the weekend, highly trained graduate assistants are available. They will forward your question to a reference librarian if they cannot fully assist you.
Librarians help with the following research-related activities:
- Narrowing down a topic
- Suggesting resources for finding credible background information on a topic
- Coming up with effective search terms
- Finding books and articles
- Figuring out which research tools are the best fit for your topic
- Getting more (and better) search results
- Getting articles from other libraries