How do I get my journal hosted at Journals@UIC?
Before a new journal is created, the requestor or journal editor must:
- Agree on the Service Level Agreement (content of the service agreement is found under Policies of Journals@UIC)
- Journals will usually be created within 48 hours. The time for setup and customization may be longer if fee based services were contracted.
Following the creation of a journal, the journal editor(s) must:
- attend an instructional session on using Journals@UIC with the Journals@UIC administrator. This will last one to two hours. Please invite all appropriate individuals to attend. An online meeting room can be used to accommodate remote attendance.
- Configure the journal and begin steps to implement its use. The library reserves the right to delete a journal if no action to configure or implement a journal occurs within six months of creation.
Other things you may want to do before you start to use Journals@UIC (or as you considering using it) include:
- Review the FAQ.
- Review the OJS Documentation.
- Discussing your Journal with UIC's Scholarly Communication Librarian/ Journals@UIC administrator.
- Complete the Journal Implementation Form to help facilitate the set-up of your journal.
- Set up a demo session on using Journals@UIC. This should last about an hour.
To discuss using Journals@UIC to manage and publish your journal, contact the Journals@UIC administrator, Sandy De Groote (email@example.com) or fill out the Journal Implementation Form. If you have any questions contact the Journals@UIL Administrator:
Sandy De Groote
UIC's Scholarly Communication Librarian & Journals@UIC administrator
What if I need assistance once my journal is created?
- Keep handy a copy or a link to: the OJS User Guide.
- Additional technical help with OJS can be found at: OJS and Journal Support
- Refer to our online tutorials on using Journals@UIC: TBA (under construction)
- Contact the Journals@UIC Administrator:
University of Illinois at Chicago
Sandy De Groote
Scholarly Communication Librarian