Lori VanWingerden, BSN, RN, NPD-BC
Lori VanWingerden is a Research Nurse Specialist coordinating nursing EBP & research programs for the Carle Health System consisting of 5 hospitals and numerous ambulatory settings within urban, academic and rural areas/populations in central Illinois. Lori has been a nurse for 35 years in clinical, management, professional development, and consulting roles.
- RN for 35 years in clinical, management, professional development, consultant and EBP/research roles
- Nationally certified in Nursing Professional Development
- Chair of the Nursing EBP/Research Committee at Carle
- Stephens Family Clinical Research Institute - Serves as the primary facilitator/mentor for nurses in EBP and research projects
- Long-term member of Professional Governance Councils including PI/Research
- Designer & principal investigator of the Geographic Partnership care delivery model & RNcEBP survey tool