Access Medicine, an online resource, provides searchable full text of Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, Hurst's the Heart, The Metabolic and Molecular Bases of Inherited Disease, selected Lange texts, Current Medical Diagnoses and Treatment, Practice Guidelines in Primary Care 2002, Clinical Pharmacology and Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests. The texts are frequently updated. The AccessMedicine suite also has an "In the News" section and a "Resource Center" for selected topics.
Independent medical evidence on which to base clinical treatment decisions.
The Cochrane Library is a collection of databases that contain independent evidence on which to base clinical treatment decisions.
* Cochrane Reviews, aka Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR)
* Other Reviews, aka Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE)
* Clinical Trials; aka Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL)
* Methods Studies, aka Cochrane Methodology Register (CMR)
* Technology Assessments, aka Health Technology Assessment Database (HTA)
* Economic Evaluations, aka National Health Service (NHS) Economic Evaluation Database (NHSEED)
* Cochrane Groups, aka About the Cochrane Collaboration
The Journal Citation Reports is an essential, comprehensive, and unique resource for journal evaluation, using citation data drawn from over 8,400 scholarly and technical journals worldwide. Coverage is both multidisciplinary and international, and incorporates journals from over 3,000 publishers in 60 nations.
The JCR is the only source of citation data on journals, and includes virtually all specialties in the areas of science, technology, and the social sciences. JCR Web shows the relationship between citing and cited journals in a clear, easy-to-use framework. JCR Web is available annually in two editions:
The Science Edition contains data from roughly 5,000 journals in the areas of science and technology.
The Social Sciences Edition contains data from roughly 1,500 journals in the social sciences.
PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine, provides access to over 12 million MEDLINE citations back to the mid-1960's and additional life science journals. PubMed includes links to many sites providing full text articles and other related resources.