A-Z List of All Mobile Medicine Resources Highlighted in This Guide
Access Products Registration
UIC Library's subscription to AccessMedicine does NOT include their mobile app because the library does not have an unlimited user license.
To get Access products (Access Medicine, Access Pharmacy, etc.) on your mobile device:
1. Create a MyAccess account. You must be on campus to create this account.
a. Head to the McGraw-Hill Medical site.
b. Click the drop down menu at the top right of the page that says "University of Illinois at Chicago."
c. Select "Log in or Create a Free Personal Account"
d. Click "Don't have a MyAccess Account?" and fill out the contact information.
2. You should now be able to access any of the Access products from their mobile sites linked to above. Your MyAccess account will allow you acces to any of the mobile Access products we subscribe to at UIC.
3. You must log in from on campus once every 90 days to maintain an active subscription.
The following features are available on BrowZine:
Here is how to start using the BrowZine app on your mobile device:
ClinicalKey Mobile App
ClinicalKey is a clinical search engine that supports clinical decisions by making it easier to find and apply relevant knowledge. This resources contains a wealth of resources from journals and medical textbooks for over 30+ medical specialites.
To get ClinicalKey on your device:
1. Access ClinicalKey from Databases A-Z on your computer.
2. Click the Register link in top right corner of the ClinicalKey toolbar.
3. Register for a personal account using your UIC email address for the Email Address option.
4. Confirm your account via your UIC Email Account.
6. Enter your registered Username and Password to access the content on the ClinicalKey App.
- To access to ClinicalKey content, you will need to be connected to WiFi or mobile data.
- You may need to active "Remote Access" using your UIC Email address to access content in Clinical Key. Please review those instructions here.
Clinical Pharmacology Mobile provides up-to-date, peer-reviewed, clinically-relevant drug content.
This app is available for iOS and Android devices.
1. Download Elsevier Clinical Pharmacology from the following:
2. Use the link below to access Clinical Pharmacology on a laptop or computer.
3. On the top left of the screen in Clinical Pharmacology, click "Register"*
4. Access your UIC Email to locate the email from Elsevier Clinical Key to activate your remote access account.*
5. Access the Clinical Pharmacology App on your mobile device and log in with your Clinical Pharmacology (or Clinical Key) username and password.
*If you already have a Clinical Key remote access account, you do not need to register for a new account. You will be able to log in with your Clinical Key account to Clinical Pharmacology.
- With your remote log in to Clinical Pharmacology, you will be able to access content for 180 days. To reactivate your access, you will need to log into Clinical Pharmacology using the Library links provided above and logging in with your personal remote access account.
DynaMed Plus is an evidence-based information resource used by physicians around the world to answer clinical questions quickly and easily. DynaMed Plus includes thousands of topics covering emergency medicine, cardiology, oncology, infectious diseases, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology and much more.
To get DynaMed Plus on your device:
2. Access DynaMed Plus from Databases A-Z on a computer/laptop.
3. Click the "Get the DynaMed Plus Mobile App" link in the DynaMed Plus Spotlight section of the webpage.
4. Enter your UIC email address and click Send. An authentication link will be emailed to you.
5. Open the email on your mobile device and click the authentication link.
6. The DynaMedPlus app will open on your device and begin initial content download.
- If you don't click the authentication link in the email within 48 hours, you will need to submit another authentication key request.
- It is recommended that you connect to WiFi for the initial download of DynaMedPlus and when downloading updates.
- You can use the same authentication link to download DynaMedPlus on up to three devices. If you would like to authenticate more than three devices, send yourself another authentication link for the additional devices.
Isabel is a diagnostic tool which you can enter your patient's abnormal clinical features and symptoms to create a differential diagnostic list. This tool is available using you mobile web browser.
Here are the steps to access Isabel from any mobile device:
1. Access Isabel from the Library provided links.
2.Click on the menu option of Mobile Access.
3. This will give you the Mobile Access Username and Password.
4. On your mobile device, open your web browser and enter the address http://www.isabelhealthcare.com.
5. Enter the UIC Library provided Mobile Access Username and Password. Check the "remember me" box and log in.
To have quick access to Isabel, you may want to save a shortcut onto your home screen. Here are guides for iPhone/iPad, Windows, & Androids systems to add a webpage to the home screen of a mobile device.
UpToDate Anywhere provides information on more than 10,000 clinical topics in over 20 specialites. UIC faculty, staff and students can create a personal account to download the mobile app for Android, iOS and Windows 8 devices.
To learn more about creating an account, check out the following Slide Share presentation. If you have any issues with accessing UpToDate, please contact Ask-a-Librarian.