A-Z List of All Mobile Medicine Resources Highlighted in This Guide
Access Products Registration
To get Access products (Access Medicine, Access Pharmacy, etc.) on your mobile device via a mobile browser or the AccessMedicine App:
1. Create a MyAccess account. You must be on campus to create this account.
a. Access any of the Access Products from the Library website.
b. Click the drop-down menu at the top right of the page that says "University of Illinois at Chicago."
c. Select "Log in or Create a Free Personal Account"
d. Click "Create a Free MyAccess Profile" and fill out the contact information.
2. Use the Library Links to specific Access Product or Access Medicine Mobile App and sign-in with your MyAccess account.
*You must log in from on campus once every 90 days to maintain an active subscription.
With the UIC Library's subscription to Access Medicine, you can download and use the AccessMedicine app with your MyAccess account. AccessMedicine is available for both Android and iOS devices. The app allows access to the resources: Quick Medical Dx & Rx, Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas of Clinical Dermatology, Differential Diagnosis Tool, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests.
The following features are available on BrowZine:
Here is how to start using the BrowZine app on your mobile device:
ClinicalKey Mobile App
ClinicalKey is a clinical search engine that supports clinical decisions by making it easier to find and apply relevant knowledge. This resources contains a wealth of resources from journals and medical textbooks for over 30+ medical specialites.
To get ClinicalKey on your device:
1. Access ClinicalKey from Databases A-Z on your computer.
2. Click the Register link in top right corner of the ClinicalKey toolbar.
3. Register for a personal account using your UIC email address for the Email Address option.
4. Confirm your account via your UIC Email Account.
6. Enter your registered Username and Password to access the content on the ClinicalKey App.
- To access to ClinicalKey content, you will need to be connected to WiFi or mobile data.
- You may need to active "Remote Access" using your UIC Email address to access content in Clinical Key. Please review those instructions here.
Clinical Pharmacology Mobile provides up-to-date, peer-reviewed, clinically-relevant drug content.
This app is available for iOS and Android devices.
1. Download Elsevier Clinical Pharmacology from the following:
2. Use the link below to access Clinical Pharmacology on a laptop or computer.
3. On the top left of the screen in Clinical Pharmacology, click "Register"*
4. Access your UIC Email to locate the email from Elsevier Clinical Key to activate your remote access account.*
5. Access the Clinical Pharmacology App on your mobile device and log in with your Clinical Pharmacology (or Clinical Key) username and password.
*If you already have a Clinical Key remote access account, you do not need to register for a new account. You will be able to log in with your Clinical Key account to Clinical Pharmacology.
- With your remote log in to Clinical Pharmacology, you will be able to access content for 180 days. To reactivate your access, you will need to log into Clinical Pharmacology using the Library links provided above and logging in with your personal remote access account.
1. In an internet browser, access DynaMed Plus via the link provided below:
2. On the DynaMed Plus homepage, click on the “Sign In” link available in the top right corner.
3. From the Sign In page, click on “Register now” to create a personal account.
4. Fill out the form using your UIC Email address and click “Register” to create your account.
5. Sign in to DynaMedPlus to verify your account was created.
1. Download the DynaMed Plus app from the iTunes app store or Google Play store.
2. Launch the app and select the “Sign In” option.
3. Enter your personal DynaMedPlus account information and click “Sign In.”
4. Select the download size of Online Only(75 MB), Partial Install (600 MB), or Full Install (759 MB) for your device.
5. When download is complete, click "Next" to access DynaMedPlus content.
- It is recommended that you connect to WiFi for the initial download of DynaMedPlus and when downloading updates.
- Select the download size based on the space available on the mobile device and your internet connectivity. If you have the available storage capacity and inconsistent WiFi access, it is recommend to download the Partial Install or Full Install to view full topics and images without internet connectivity.
Isabel is a diagnostic tool which you can enter your patient's abnormal clinical features and symptoms to create a differential diagnostic list. This tool is available using you mobile web browser.
Here are the steps to access Isabel from any mobile device:
1. Access Isabel from the Library provided links via an internet browser.
2.Click on the menu option of Mobile Access.
3. This will give you the Mobile Access Username and Password.
4. On your mobile device, open your web browser and enter the address http://www.isabelhealthcare.com.
5. Enter the UIC Library provided Mobile Access Username and Password. Check the "remember me" box and log in.
To have quick access to Isabel, you may want to save a shortcut onto your home screen. Here are guides for iPhone/iPad, Windows, & Androids systems to add a webpage to the home screen of a mobile device.
UpToDate Anywhere provides information on more than 10,000 clinical topics in over 20 specialites. UIC faculty, staff and students can create a personal account to download the mobile app for Android, iOS and Windows 8 devices.
To learn more about creating an account, check out the following Slide Share presentation. If you have any issues with accessing UpToDate, please contact Ask-a-Librarian.