This guide is designed to help you discover medical resources that are available for your mobile device.
If you have a health science app recommendation for any mobile device, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review it for inclusion in our resource lists.
The following icons have been used throughout:
Apple iPhone and iPad
All mobile devices with a browser
Isabel is a diagnostic tool which you can enter your patient's abnormal clinical features and symptoms to create a differential diagnostic list. This tool is available using you mobile web browser.
Here are the steps to access Isabel from any mobile device:
1. Access Isabel from the Library provided links via an internet browser.
2. Scan the QR code or gather the User ID and Password information from the main homepage.
3. On your mobile device, open your web browser and enter the address https://www.isabelhealthcare.com.
4. Enter the UIC Library provided Mobile Access Username and Password. Check the "remember me" box and log in
To have quick access to Isabel, you may want to save a shortcut onto your home screen. Here are guides for iPhone/iPad, Windows, & Androids systems to add a webpage to the home screen of a mobile device.
UpToDate Anywhere provides information on more than 10,000 clinical topics in over 20 specialites. UIC faculty, staff and students can create a personal account to download the mobile app for Android, iOS and Windows 8 devices.
To learn more about creating an account, check out the following Slide Share presentation. If you have any issues with accessing UpToDate, please contact Ask-a-Librarian.
1. In an internet browser, access DynaMed via the link provided below:
2. On the DynaMed Plus homepage, click on the “Sign In” link available in the top right corner.
3. From the Sign In page, click on “Register now” to create a personal account.
4. Fill out the form using your UIC Email address and click “Register” to create your account.
5. Sign in to DynaMedPlus to verify your account was created.
1. Download the DynaMed app from the iTunes app store or Google Play store.
2. Launch the app and select the “Sign In” option.
3. Enter your personal DynaMed account information and click “Sign In.”
4. Select the download size of Online Only, Partial Install for text and thumbnail images, or Full Install of all content for your device.
5. When download is complete, click "Next" to access DynaMed content.
- It is recommended that you connect to WiFi for the initial download of DynaMed and when downloading updates.
- Select the download size based on the space available on the mobile device and your internet connectivity. If you have the available storage capacity and inconsistent WiFi access, it is recommend to download the Partial Install or Full Install to view full topics and images without internet connectivity.