UpToDate Anywhere provides information on more than 10,000 clinical topics in over 20 specialites. UIC faculty, staff and students can create a personal account to download the mobile app for Android, iOS and Windows 8 devices.
To learn more about creating an account, check out the following Slide Share presentation. If you have any issues with accessing UpToDate, please contact Ask-a-Librarian.
DynaMed is an evidence-based information resource used by clinicians around the world to answer clinical questions quickly and easily. This summary resource includes thousands of topics covering emergency medicine, cardiology, oncology, infectious diseases, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology and much more.
To get DynaMed on your device:
1. In an internet browser, access DynaMed via the link provided below:
2. On the DynaMed Plus homepage, click on the “Sign In” link available in the top right corner.
3. From the Sign In page, click on “Register now” to create a personal account.
4. Fill out the form using your UIC Email address and click “Register” to create your account.
5. Sign in to DynaMedPlus to verify your account was created.
On your Mobile Device:
1. Download the DynaMed app from the iTunes app store or Google Play store.
2. Launch the app and select the “Sign In” option.
3. Enter your personal DynaMed account information and click “Sign In.”
4. Select the download size of Online Only, Partial Install for text and thumbnail images, or Full Install of all content for your device.
5. When download is complete, click "Next" to access DynaMed content.
- It is recommended that you connect to WiFi for the initial download of DynaMed and when downloading updates.
- Select the download size based on the space available on the mobile device and your internet connectivity. If you have the available storage capacity and inconsistent WiFi access, it is recommend to download the Partial Install or Full Install to view full topics and images without internet connectivity.