Spring 2015 In Person/Online Library Workshops
- Data Management for Humanists
- Data Management for Statistical Software
- Demystifying Scholarly Publishing: Selecting scholarly publishing venues to maximize your impact while avoiding "predatory publishers"
- Graduate Student Toolkit
- How do you rate? Assessing your impact using the h-index and beyond
- How to Find Full Text Articles: a 30 minute workshop
- How to Find Tests and Measurements
- Introduction Cleaning Datasets with OpenRefine
- Managing Resources and Creating Bibliographies with RefWorks
- Mobile Point–of–Care Tools
- Scholarly Publishing: What you need to know about Copyright, Fair Use, & Avoiding Plagiarism
- Tools for Organizating and Documentating Data
- Understanding Open Access
- Using the Library Off–Campus
- Writing a Data Management Plan
Please register for these classes through the Workshops website. Online classes will be held in Blackboard Collaborate.
Create your own citation database and quickly build bibliographies with RefWorks.
E-Journals at UIC
Library Tutorial for UIC Medical Students
General Contents of the Tutorial - Ask a Librarian; Catalog; Books & E-Books; Journals & E-Journals; Finding Articles in Full-text & Interlibrary Loan; Databases A-Z list; Research and Subject Guides; PubMed & MeSH; Clinical Tools & Point of Care Resources (e.g., DynaMed, UpToDate).