Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Your browser is unsupported
We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or
Off Campus Access
Are you at home or in a coffee shop? No worries! You can still use these resources.
Clicking on these links takes you to a login page if you are off campus. Use your netid and password to log in.
In case you can't remember, your netid is everything before the @ in your email address.
For example: the netid for firstname.lastname@example.org would be library1
What are people talking about?
- Each disease or condition has a Patient Information subtopic with handouts
- Select Patient Education from the dropdown menu next to the searchbox and search for your disease or condition
- You will find Patient Handouts under the "For You" box once you click on a disease or condition.
- Go to the Patient Education tab along the top to get MedCounselor Sheets and Discharge Instructions by condition
- Go to the Patient Ed tab along the top
- Go to the Patient Info tab along the top
- Search for a disease or condition in the search box and from the results page, select Patient Information from the tab along the top
- If you are a UIC patron and want to access full text articles, create a Trip profile (http://www.tripdatabase.com/account/profile) and indicate that you are at UIC
Nursing Reference Center Plus
- Go to More tab above the search box to view the Patient Ed section.