Reference Librarian Hours
The reference desk is in the IDEA Commons on the 1st floor of the Daley Library. Reference Librarians are on duty at the following times:
The desk is staffed by highly trained graduate students during other times that the library is open.
How Exactly Can Librarians Help Me?
Librarians help with the following research-related activities:
- Narrowing down a topic
- Suggesting resources for finding credible background information on a topic
- Coming up with effective search terms
- Finding books and articles
- Figuring out which research tools are the best fit for your topic (there are over 350 choices!)
- Getting more (and better) search results
- Saving, emailing and printing articles
- Getting books and articles from other libraries
- Creating bibliographies with RefWorks