Abigail Goben joined the University of Illinois-Chicago Health Sciences Library in December 2010. Her primary liaison responsibilities are to the College of Dentistry, the College of Pharmacy, and the Institute for Juvenile Research.
Goben earned her Masters in Library Science from St. John's University in Queens in 2005. She also holds a Bachelor's Degree in English from Long Island University: C.W. Post Campus. She is a member of the American Library Association, the Library and Information Technology Association, the Medical Library Association, the Library Society of the World, and the Code4Lib Community.
My research is focused on data science and it's influences on and usage by librarians and social networking as a component of professional development.
As an Information Services Librarian I provide reference and research support to health sciences faculty and students though a variety of in person and online venues, including classroom instruction and individual consultations. I am also currently participating on a committee that is working on e-science and e-research intiatives to support the UIC campus as these areas grow in relevance to our research community. As the liaison to the College of Dentistry, I hold office hours at the College to answer student and faculty questions and co-teach the Evidence Based Practice course for the first year students.
Currently I serve on the Education Committee and the Nominating Committee for the Library Information Technology Assocation, which is a division of the American Library Association. I am a member of the Midwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association, the Library Society of the World, and the Code4Lib National, Midwest, and Chicago communities.
At UIC I am a member of the
- Faculty Development Allocation Committee (elected) August 2013-August 2015
- Search Committee: Health Sciences Bibliographer June 2013-present
- Information Technology Governance Council Research Committee Research Data Management Task Force April 2013-present
- University of Illinois Hospital Guidelines Committee January 2013-present
- Digital Content Management and Preservation Task Force (appointed) November 2012-present
- Information Practice Task Force (appointed) December 2011-present
- Scholarly Communications Committee (appointed) September 2011-present
- Data Management Task Force (appointed) June 2012-present